Inversion Therapy – Can it Improve your Back Pain?
Many people complain of having back pain which may be related to their job, sports or other physical activities. If you are experiencing back pain and is seeking relief you may want to give the inversion therapy a try.
What is inversion therapy?
Inversion therapy is a natural, non-invasive way to relieve back pain. If you sit at a desk job all day it may bring you some relief resulting in a better quality life as well as avoid missing days from work due to back pain
Possible reason for back pain
Activities such as: working out, running, walking around, or sitting for long periods of time can result in fluid loss from the discs between your vertebrae moving into adjacent soft tissue causing the discs to bulge, or protrude. This is referred to as herniated disc which often impacts the nerves along the spine resulting in severe pain and limiting mobility.
People often complain of back pain related to herniated disc, or sciatic. Often they experience some relief doing gentle stretches or lying down an well as applying some form of heat. One alternative or even combination of the stretches while lying down is inversion therapy.
If you are thinking of trying this non-invasive therapy to help you get relief from your pain then the Teeter EP -560 Ltd. Inversion Table is the machine to help you achieve your goal.
How does this relieve the pain?
Using the table to turn you upside down causes a form of mechanical traction, is a gently way which targets the pain at its source while your weight decompresses it relieving the pressure off the disc close to the nerve. The inversion process works because it helps to:
1. Reverse the fluid loss caused during weight bearing exercises such as walking, running, standing or long sitting. Reverse therapy causes increased opening of spaces between the discs facilitating rehydration and absorption of nutrients for better spinal health. So the discs become more flexible and so less pain.
2. Reduce nerve pressure – Dehydration can result in damage to the discs. When rehydration of the discs takes place there is the possibility of relief from pain in the extremities.
3. Realign the spine resulting from misalignment related to the job and exercise.
4. Muscles relaxation resulting from the stretches during the inversion therapy.
5. Stress reduction achieved due to the stretches which caused the muscles to relax. When muscles are relaxed stress levels go down.
6. Improves Joint health due to less pressure on the joints
7. More flexibility, enjoy more physical activity as there is less pain
8. Build core strength as there is improved ability to be involved in more activities.
All this will take up only a few minutes of your time daily while you are experiencing improved health.
Manufactures Claim for the Teeter 560 Ltd. Inversion Table
- FDA REGISTERED 510(k) DEVICE: Teeter is the ONLY FDA registered inversion table. Indicated for back pain, muscle tension, herniated disc, sciatica, muscle spasm
- OVERALL DIMENSIONS: 84″ L x 29″ W x 86″ H | Folded: 20″ x 28.8″ x 66″ | Weight: 59.0 lbs.
- CAPACITY: Height capacity: 4’8″ – 6’6″ | Weight capacity: 300 lbs.
- QUICK ASSEMBLY: Easy 5-step, 13-minute assembly – tools included
- PREMIUM FEATURES: Acupressure Nodes (8) in varied heights for trigger-point release and focused relief. Lumbar Bridge with adjustable arch for added traction and support
- PRECISION ROTATION FOR TOTAL CONTROL: Shift your body weight with just simple arm movements for easy return to the upright position
- HIGH GRADE MATERIALS FOR RELIABILITY: Heavy-gauge steel parts with patented security features like auto-locking hinges, cam locks, specialized pivot bearings for durability
- Firm comfortable surface: provides a better spine-elongating stretch for maximum pain –relieving benefits.
- Accessories included: for added comfort and improved pain relief
- Lumbar Bridge: to reduce pressure off the discs causing deeper traction, for the lower back and helps to square misaligned hips.
- Acupressure Nodes: are adjustable or removable nodes to provide trigger points to release painful muscle tension.
- Wrap-around ankle cups – Ergo-Embrace Supports are engineered to fit the shape of your legs and ankles.
- stretch assist handles
- Precision balanced
- Pre-set rotation
- Easy 5-step assembly: folds for storage
- FDA registered 510(K) device – class 1 medical device
- Easy to set up – Arrives 85% pre-assembled – main parts will click together and you will be ready to go.
- Get the App – Free 3-D Assembly App – Download BILT to make assembly easier.
Carton Length: 48.5 Inches
Carton Width: 30 Inches
Carton Height: 8.9 Inches
Shipper Carton Weight: 74.6 lbs
For support contact US based customer support via phone (800) 847-0143 (M-F, 8am-4pm PST).
Warranty: 5 year warranty. See certified quality under product description
People who bought this product say:
- 81% give it 5 star rating
- My back feels sooo much better, I truly can’t explain it other than my suggestion, if you are wondering about this product, buy it don’t wait.
- Setup/build was easy.
- It’s a well built machine If you’re not familiar with inversion tables, this is the brand you wanna buy
- Easy to assemble. Good quality material. I wish it was more compact when not in use.
- This inversion table is great
- It is very well made, rugged, made of good material and very sturdy. It is very easy to assemble if you watch the DVD.
- The best thing I can say about this Teeter hang-up is that I’m sorry I didn’t buy one sooner!
- The unit works great on vertebra but if you have problems doing sit-ups it could be difficult.
- Works better with the easy ankle release system
- Get the Deluxe Ankle Lock System
- Not recommended for people with high blood pressure and blood thinning medication.
- It could stand some design improvements
- Poor packaging
- Please do your own research and consult your doctor before buying this machine.
You can purchase the Teeter EP-560 Ltd. Inversion Table, Back Pain Relief Kit, at Amazon
View our website at www.healthywealthymba.com
Leave a Reply