The Camera for the Adventurer
Are you among the adventurers such as hikers, campers, and other outdoorsy folks? Do you enjoy taking pictures? Then the Olympus Tough TG-6 camera is a must for you to invest in.
I recall when my children were young I would take pictures of them as often as I could. I only wish I had a camera like the Olympus Tough TG-6 then. I would have captured better pictures than I did. Also when I first started hiking and because I have such limited photographic skills the amazing features of this camera would have helped me tracked my progress, capture and incorporate things like location and altitude especially when I climbed the highest peak in Africa – Mount Kilimanjaro.
This camera is equipped with environmental sensors include a GPS, altimeter/depth gauge, compass, accelerometer and thermometer Which displays all of the data the camera is capturing when the ‘info’ button is pressed. It features a 12 Megapixel sensor, 4X optical zoom lens, numerous sensors and, of course, serious protection against the elements.
TG-6 is still the best-in-class. It offers accessories such as an underwater housing which allows the camera to go 15 meters (50 feet) deeper, a wide-angle and conversion lenses. The Olympus Tough TG -6 is the company’s sixth generation premium underwater camera. This camera fits right into your pocket making it easy to carry around. The lens is the widest available and also the fastest in this class. It is good for the underwater photographer as it is the top waterproof camera on the market. Actually because it is such a rugged well built camera and so compact it is as easy to have handy for pictures. Helps keep your smart phone safe especially when you are diving, hiking or letting the children take the pictures. (Sorry it may not take selfie) Best of all it comes with a bundle that includes: 16B Memory Card, Floating Strap, 12” OKTO Flexible Tripod, CC1 Carry Case, Memory Card Wallet, Other Manufacture’s Accessories
Key specifications of the Olympus Tough TG-6
- 12MP, 1/2.3″ BSI-CMOS sensor
- 25-100mm equivalent F2.0-4.9 stabilized lens
- Waterproof rated to IPX8 to use in depth of 15m (50ft), shockproof from 2.1m (7ft), crushproof to withstand 100kgf of pressure (220lbf), freeze proof to -10°C (14°F), dustproof rated to IP6X
- 3″, 1.04M-dot display (non-touch)
- Raw support
- 1cm (0.4″) minimum focusing distance
- 20 fps burst shooting
- Pro Capture mode saves photos before and after the shutter release is pressed, to help you capture the right moment
- 4K/30p video
- Built-in GPS, altimeter, compass, thermometer and accelerometer
- Optional conversion lenses and flash accessories
Characterized by its exceedingly durable design, the red Tough TG-6 from Olympus is a sleek point-and-shoot capable of handling a wide variety of adventures. Featuring a 12MP BSI CMOS sensor and TruePic VIII image processor, the TG-6 offers notable image clarity and low-light performance to ISO 12800, along with fast 20-fps continuous shooting, 4K30p video recording, and high-speed Full HD 1080p shooting at 120 fps. Complementing the shooting capabilities is a versatile 4x optical zoom lens, which spans a 25-100mm equivalent range, and has an f/2 maximum aperture to benefit working in difficult lighting conditions.
Beyond just imaging, the TG-6 also sports a robust set of features for withstanding the elements, tracking your adventures, and sharing your images. The camera is rated for underwater use, tested to withstand falls and crushing, and is hermetically sealed against dust and moisture when working in trying conditions. Additionally, a Field Sensor System incorporates GPS, a manometer, compass, and a thermometer for recording the details of your environment and embedding this data onto your photos and movies. Using built-in Wi-Fi and the Image Track app, recorded data and the imagery can also be shared to a mobile device for posting online.
Bundle Includes: 16B Memory Card
12” OKTO Flexible Tripod
CC1 Carry Case
Memory Card Wallet
Other Manufacture’s Accessories
People Who Bought This Camera are saying:
- The build quality of the TG-6 is still the best-in-class.
- Its chassis is solid and both of the doors (one for the I/O ports, the other for the battery and memory card) have dual locks,
- Excellent quality, features, image quality, performance speed and optics, movie mode and value
- The TG-6 is everything you would want. It is so small it will fit right into your pocket.
- But the amazing thing about the Olympus Tough TG-6 is that it can actually do both the focus bracketing and focus stacking for you – all in-camera
- The TG-6 is waterproof, shockproof, dustproof, crushproof and freeze proof. Which means it’s also kid-proof.
- The camera is amazing, the microscope setting is incredible.
- The camera’s dials are pretty plasticky and the buttons are mushy (the movie recording button is the worst offender), but this is likely due to the extensive sealing.
- The lens on the camera doesn’t have as much telephoto power as many of its peers
- The lack of Bluetooth is disappointing.
You can purchase the Olympus Tough TG-6 Digital Camera with Deluxe Accessory Bundle at Amazon https://amzn.to/3j8Hfbu
Or you can purchase this camera without the bundle at https://amzn.to/3fy43PR
View our website at www.healthywealthymba.com